I have to share this recipe! It is simple and easy to throw together for company in a flash. No slaving over the stove, just a quick and simple breakfast treat. Originally I made this, as the recipe says. They were the best blueberry muffin's I've ever had. But then today, after bashing all of the muffins last week, I was craving them again. I was out of blueberries today so I used apples and added cinnamon and nutmeg to the batter. It turned out so great. My favorite part is (okay well my favorite is the taste) the pan I baked it in! I plan on using this muffin recipe as the "base" for all muffins I make and just adjusting the mix-ins. I am going to try lemon poppyseed this weekend.
From All Recipes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
- To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.